2020 Annual Report: A Year of Play, Co-Creation, and Community
In 2020, we continued to uplift the power of play when needed most, co-creating meaningful game-based experiences for teens that tended to their whole selves.
The strands of iThrive's DNA are composed of understanding the power of play. Social and emotional learning. Belonging and engagement in the spaces where teens are. Being teen and educator-centered.
Thank you to each of the teachers, teens, and collaborators who share those same building blocks at their core. Here are our highlights from last year:
- We appreciate the 120 of you who downloaded iThrive Curriculum: Sam's Journey and/or iThrive Curriculum: Museum of Me.
- Shout out to the over 400 teens who playtested iThrive Sim: Lives in Balance.
- High five to the teachers who completed over 90 play sessions of iThrive Sim in their classrooms.
- Game developer friends, we see you. Thanks for downloading our game design kits over 250 times last year.
- Parents and other adults, we appreciate your interest in our game guides, which you downloaded over 130 times.
For more information on how we are working to further our mission of using games and game design to equip teens with the social and emotional skills they need to be healthy and resilient, the tools that support and protect their mental health and well-being, and the systems thinking they need to recognize inequity along with meaningful opportunities to imagine and design a better world, view our annual report.