iThrive’s work is evidence based. It is rooted in—and seeks to push forward—science at the intersection of teen thriving, social and emotional learning, positive psychology, game design, and the impacts of gaming. We collaborate with top research scientists in these fields to explore questions including:
- How do the emotionally impactful experiences teens have in video games support them in navigating the developmental challenges of adolescence?
- How can video games impact teens in developing their social and emotional skills?
- How can video games encourage teens to develop more prosocial habits?
- Under what conditions does teens’ learning in video games transfer to the real world?
- What specific characteristics of video games do—and don’t—support teen thriving?
- What experiences in video games do teens find to be most emotionally impactful?